Monday, August 17, 2009

Long Time, No...Shop?

Hello! I didn't forget about you, I promise. Since my last post, I haven't really shopped so I didn't have any sweet deals to blog about. But I thought I would add another entry just to keep this thing alive.

Here's the lowdown:

After moving to Wausau, buying a tv and couch, plus tons of travel...my credit card was pretty full. Then, due to recent car issues (new rear suspension), my credit card was pretty nearly MAXED OUT. Since I never, ever intended to live in debt to the credit card company, Travis and I sat down and worked through the numbers based on all my expenses (utilities, insurance, etc) and I am now two months into paying off my card.

I pay all my bills, have $150 budgeted for groceries every two weeks, $100 budgeted for gas every two weeks, and put the rest toward my card. No eating out, no movie theatre runs, no shopping...at least until I'm out of debt. Friday, I paid over $800 toward my balance. According to the plan it will be totally paid off on September 25, barring any other costly emergencies.

Of course I miss shopping, malls, and sales...but I miss paying off my card every month more. There is no reason for me to have any debt. I don't have any student loans, my car is paid for (thanks mom and dad!), and I make enough money to cover my expenses. Plus, the less I owe on my card, the better my credit score will be. Yay!

I will keep you updated with the latest credit card news. I can't wait to blog about my girls weekend to Chicago, which happens to be the weekend of September 25th...Look out Michigan Avenue!!!

xo
md

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comment! I bought that duvet cover (with shams) off of Overstock last winter. I don't see it on the site now, but it's one they carry often. So I'd check it out and see - and if I see it come up, I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete